Tuesday, March 12, 2002

Some days really do have 'words of the day' but when you work up in membership at the ROM, entering name after name into the databank, you realise (or maybe you don't) that there are 'names of the day'. Today, having pre-processed about 40 memberships, the three most common names I've had to enter have been: Sharon, Karen, and Andy. I also came across the coolest, or one of, surname I've ever seen: Resurreccion. That's even better than Muerte.

Let me rehash a few things that happened over the last few days, since I've been somewhat remiss in my weblogging. On Saturday, I sat for Ray again. Holding the same position for around three hours, even with breaks, is a painful thing. The finished pastel painting was beautifully drawn, I must say, though it horrified me. "I'm not that fat and ugly, am I?" I thought to myself. It was all sorted out though, because when my mom realised how upset it had made me she told Ray, which he'd suspected, and he said that I could have the charcoals rather than the pastel piece.

Following that, Mom and I went dress shopping and unlike what we expected, which was little success and great frustration, we had the exact opposite. The first gown I tried on fit. The second two, of the same cut and style but different colours, did not fit nearly so well. So, I now have a fancy black gown for Sandra's wedding and the opera with Rick. Here's the best part, the gown was 89.95$ before tax, plus 35% off. Whee !

Sunday was utterly unexciting. I worked at the store, virtually no one came in, and then I went home. Wow. Yesterday, I woke up and felt sort of crappy. So did Carrie. We both called in sick and went back to bed. I crawled out again around noon and felt much better. So did she. What else were we to do? We baked cookies ! And they were delicious butterscotch/chocolate chip cookies. Oh, scrumptious.

I got up the gumption, after several cookies, to get showered and over to Nicole's place for more masque-making, too. We've decided that after the wedding, we're going to continue this fun and make more simple masques for sale in the store. That certainly would be fun, and it would allow more creativity.

As for today, feeling quite a bit better, if a bit stuffy, I'm at the ROM, as I said up top, and it's frenetic. I like it this way, with everyone too busy to piss me off. It's March Break, so there are gizzillions of children and frazzled parents in the building. Sara and I went to Harvey's for lunch - the only spot with halfway realistic line-ups. I found something out, though, that almost freaks me out. The Evil One shares the exact musical passion that I have: Depeche Mode. Is it possible for me to not like someone who calls DM their 'absolute favourite band'? I even offered to lend him my album of DM covers, which leaves me confused. Maybe knowing we both adore this band will make for some unwritten rule that will change our relationship for the better. Doubtful, I hate to say, but I'll keep you posted.