Thursday, March 21, 2002

I've been quite depressed of late. It's a frustrating feeling, depression is. Every little thing seems like a personal slight, or like you're being left out, ignored... I don't like it. I've recently switched a med and I think it's playing with me, but it should all settle down soon.

I went for dinner tonight with Rick, after Heretic, which was very nice. We went to Squirrly's, a place he'd not been before, and I think he enjoyed it. He had their muscles and their special lasagna, and I had their cheesey escargot and a baked chicken breast stuffed with... Bacon ! For dessert I had their creme caramel and it was delicious. It was nice to see Rick. He is a wonderful man. *love*

I reserved my U-Haul for Saturday; it's a van this time, of eleven feet, rather than the 14' truck. There were no available trucks for Saturday. I also phoned Bell and got myself a phone line which will be hooked-up on Saturday, and then Nick can set about getting dsl for us. It's exciting. Part of me would like the ease of staying with Al and Carrie, who have both been wonderful landlords, but more parts of me want to be closer to downtown, and whatnot. Even though Al hides things (constantly hides things, like my umbrella, for instance) and Carrie takes my money in the form of rent, I have enjoyed living with them. Lots.

Here's something I want to do, though... learn to ride side-saddle. Whoa, that's out of the blue, right? Well, no, not entirely, since I've had the idea for some time now. I discovered, quite by accident while surffing sites about women's wedding fashions with Carrie, a link to female riding habit and was quite stunned when I found myself at the World Sidesaddle Federation, Inc. So, following the links, I looked through their certified instructors and fell upon the only person teaching in Ontario and she happens to teach just an hour or so outside of Toronto ! I emailed her and she seemed nice, so in April I will make a trip out to her stabble to check it out and hopefully I'll start taking some periodic lessons in May. I'd love to compete in dressage side-saddle, even if it's only at the most basic levels. Can you imagine the looks of stunned surprise? It strikes me as a good thing to work to in my future. And a keen way to spend my time.