Friday, February 08, 2002

My visit to the doctor yesterday was unpleasant to say the least. It seems that this woman, who is only filling in for the regular doctor (presently out on maternity), believes she knows my head better than me. To make a long story short, she patronised me something fierce and poopooed my migraines telling me that I should take less painkiller - hello, they're MIGRAINES. The worst is, she could clearly see me getting annoyed with her and she actually started to smirk. I was so angry when I left her office that I was shaking.

I did get one dig in on her, which she seemed to understand, when she asked me about the jobs I work. I explained my retail job and how it wasn't exactly taxing or stressful, and then I said how much I didn't like the ROM. She asked me why not and I said, grinning slightly, "They treat me like I'm a child and patronise me something fierce. I cannot stand being patronised, especially when I've been working there longer than my boss." She got it, and she cooled her attitude. Bitch.