Sunday, January 13, 2002

Well, it's shaping up to be a long, long, long weekend. It's had it's yo-yo moments, as well, which isn't at all surprising considering my stress level. Yesterday, Rick slept through our date. I sat in my car, blocking half a lane of traffic, for and hour and fifteen minutes waiting for him to show up at Lawrence Station. You see, we were supposed to sup at St. Hubert's and then see "Fellowship of the Ring" again. Well, anyway, *I* ate at St. Hubert's and phoned him again afterward to find out what the hell had happened. Anyway, it turns out that I woke him out of his lazy slumber and he was quite defensive, as though I didn't have some cause for anger. I called him some names and then hung up, and he called me back on my cell and said he wanted to talk and that freaked me right out.

Depeche Mode and Willi helped to calm me as I wept in my bed at home - well, more the Depeche Mode since Willi only yelled at me. Rick let himself in and we talked. There wasn't much to say, except various appologies and then we went for supper (I had some mussels, since I'd already eaten, and they don't take up much room), and it was better. It turns out that he wasn't even awake when I'd called him in the middle of the afternoon to confirm our date - and I even talked to him for TEN minutes. I kid you not.

Today, Nick was to help me at school, and he did come here with me, for here is where I still am sitting, but I had to send him home. I think he was feeling bored and sort of crabby since I was wasting his day where it turns out he wasn't really necessary. He might have spoken up about it, rather than simply getting snippy and bitchy with me, but that was good enough and rather than getting food, I took him to Wilson Station. His suggestions were helpful, and insightful, but I guess I'm getting too close to the end to allow him to tinker with my project settings now. Sorry Nick, please don't take it personally. You ARE helpful. Anyway, I'm going to surprise him with things.

Tomorrow I'm at the ROM, sadly. I'd rather be finishing my project, but, at any rate, guess where I'll be tomorrow night. Yep, school. Ahhh. My home away from home away from home. Oh, one thing worth mentioning, is that apparently I was shortlisted for the TA spots. Daniele told me this at lunch yesterday. About twenty people applied for the spots, which is a bit more than a third of the programme, and six people were chosen. I was within one or two spots from being accepted. Not too shabby, I guess. Anyway, Dan's teaching Maya again next semester, and he told me to tell Larry (the director) that I am permitted to come by Dan's class to work. I'm not sure Dan should be telling Larry what to do, but he was rated the best instructor, so, that says something. And he said it with a wink, so I guess I shouldn't quite tell Larry in exactly those words.

Back to work I go. Titles and credits and fun, woohoo !