Monday, January 07, 2002

Too many cookies today ! Arg ! There's a huge tin of assorted cookies, some with chocolate, some without. Membership Services will make me fat. I can't stay away, they're so tasty.

I discovered that one of my video tapes is missing. Apparently, in the last year, I let someone borrow (because I don't want to think any of my friends steal) my nearly new reissue of 'The Dark Crystal'. Anyway, it's certainly not on my shelf, nor anywhere else. If you have it, please give it back.

Things went pretty well with Nick last night. We sorted out a number of the difficulties I'd been having and we cut some corners to improve the model's movement. Sure, it meant that Alloisius' secondary right arm became directly constrained to the pole vector, but who cares if it works now, right? I've got about 550 frames of basic animation done, and it's only getting easier. I should be able to finish that tonight and then tomorrow I'll spend the day adjusting things. Nick's coming over again tonight to help, and tomorrow when he's done work, too. We'll set up camera animation tomorrow, which will go a long way to hiding some of the wackiness of the animation.

So, a decision has been made about my living arrangements. Many thanks for all those who offered me places to stay, but for the month of February I'll be living with Al & Carrie up at Bayview and the 401. It's a little far. From everything. I know the area well, though, since a number of my friends in highschool lived up there. Nice area, too, if you don't mind the lack of anything much to do. I don't plan to stay there too long, because Nick's place is for sale so we're going to look for a place together.

Anyway, yay for Al & Carrie. And, we'll have matching cats. I'm not sure if this is a bonus, but they have Pepper, a brown tiger cat and I've got Willi, a brown tabby cat. Wacky.

I found, while surfing the web on my break, a very good site on mask making. I'm starting to think about it for Sandra and John's upcoming masquerade wedding. Hey neat ! I'm going as a black dragon, but it's going to be a bitch to make. I'd rather make it and use it for my portfolio rather than find a leather mask made by someone else. I bet it's going to be a lot more difficult than I think, but it would be a good way to try different creative avenues. Lord knows, since I'm trying to get into film and/or games, the more creative successes, the better.