Saturday, December 15, 2001

What a wonderful day I had yesterday !

First of all, in the slow moments at Heretic, I got almost all of my Christmas cards done, which is impressive, since I'd thought no one was going to get anything from me. Granted, they will all arrive late to their destinations, but whatever, I know I'm not alone in my tardy mailing. Around 1:30 in the afternoon, it started to snow. First it was just light flurries, but as the hours wore on, it began to snow harder and harder, eventually coming down in near blizzard amounts. It was awesome. Much like my Christmas cards, the snow was also about two weeks late.

I took the streetcar from work up to Bloor, then walked through the wet, driving (wonderful !) snow to the Church, I think it's St James, but I could be wrong, where I met Rick. We went in and enjoyed a marvelous concert of later Mediaeval and early Renaissance Christmas music, of both sacred and secular variety. I was pleased that, on the whole, the Toronto Consort hasn't changed in the twelve years since I last attended. The music is excellent, and the audience is lovely. It was an enchanting concert.

Following that, Rick and I went for sushi, which was delicious. Tokyo Sushi on Bloor is the BEST sushi restaurant in all of Toronto. I've eaten in seven or eight, but this one wipes the floor with them. I don't include Masa in this, though, because that's a formal Japanese restaurant, and it's in a completely different catagory. Anyway, following dinner, we walked home through the snow, enjoying the rather warm air.

I ate some snow off one of the fruit trees growing on Ulster near my house, which Rick thought was odd. Clearly, he was never a snow eater, and frankly, if you're going to eat snow, the stuff stuck on tree branches is probably the cleanest around. It was so fresh and tasty ! We dropped off our bags at home and went back out to take some photos in the winter night. Rick took one of me eating snow. *laugh* Fitting, I guess.

It was a splendid evening.

Today, of course, I'm in school. I'm working on Alloisius' blendshapes - the facial movements that will become his lip synch and expressions. I'm becoming sort of attached to him, which is pretty neat. He's got a lot of personality. I bet he'd get along with Sam the Eagle very well. Anyway, hopefully, before I leave tonight - at a reasonable hour - I'll have gotten started on his lip synching. Which, hopefully, I'll have finished by the time I leave the school again tomorrow. I'll be coming in Sunday, for sure, once I've finished Christmas shopping. I'll probably come in Monday night, too. I want to have his animation FINISHED by the end of the week. There isn't a lot of likelihood of this happening, but that is my goal.

Tonight, it's off to D&D at Al and Carrie's new apartment. The party voted to go a-thievin' in the big city, which should be fun. Half the group couldn't come today, though, so four of us will have to do where six or seven of us would have been better. I'm excited though. I'm hoping this experience is what pushes Velkyn into the nether regions of the rogue. She's still a cleric, though definitely a nefarious one. Whee !

Okay, now, just so you know, the reason this entry is coming so late in the day is because the server at school crashed. Naturally, this being Saturday, the resident Tech (geek) isn't here to fix it. I think there are three of them, as it stands, NONE are present, so... no posting of weblog entries.

Just so you know.