Tuesday, December 11, 2001

Okay, yet again it's been a few days since my last entry. I was in Peterborough visiting Mom and doing the Hanukkah (Chanuka) dance. Okay, it's not a dance, but whatever. It was great. Saturday was a super good day in school and then I met Mom and Ray at the Manchester Arms under the Northern District Library. I like that pub. When I actually lived in that neighbourhood, I was under age so I never had the chance to try it. VERY good chilli. Julie's friend Evelyn's daugher, Leala, was launching her wonderful kids book, "Patches Finds a Friend", illustrated by her, as well. It was delightful. Mom and I both bought a copy. Julie came with Jerzy and Tanya and David, and she was in fine form. She's looking so good these days, I just can't express what a joy it is to see her. Last May, I wondered if she would survive, and now, I wonder when she'll be walking. Following the book launch, we picked some stuff up at my house and then drove to the Petes for a party at Dave's house. That was good fun, too. Exhausting day. Utterly.

Sunday, I crashed. Not only did I sleep late (until noon), but then I went BACK to bed because of a headache. Not a migraine, per se, but I imagine that after a spring is stretched and then snapped back, it would have a headache much the same. If it had a head. Anyway, I did loads and loads of laundry, and we had our First Night of Hanukkah dinner and lit the candles. I gifted Mom with some albums: Puccini's Madama Butterfly as well as Undrentide by the Mediaeval Baebes. She got me a Pooh nightshirt (whee !) and a VERY cool book called 'Tornado Alley' about the storms that ravage Oklahoma, Kansas, and Texas, mostly. Following that, I put up our Christmas village - yes, I know. Two faiths can make a month like December (or one like April) quite confusing. The village is always my job, and many of the tiny people that live in it were made by my childish fingers fifteen years ago.

Monday saw me doing more laundry and reading. Horribly exciting, I know. A well deserved break.

Today, Justin leaves for his holiday with his family in Holland. I'll be happy to spend a week and a half in the house without him. He's a dear. I love him, but honestly, every time I think about the eviction notice and his reluctance to help us fight - and before that, his screwing me for Diane's apartment - I get tense. I don't think he thinks ahead, or as part of a household. Him jumping ship when the rest of us were planning to fight, not only weakens our position, it makes my fight almost worthless. If we win, I have to carry the apartment alone. I could maybe do that for a couple of months, but then I'd need another roommate, and with the eviction only postponed, I'd never find one. It may soothe his mind that Glen wants to 'take care of me' by living with me, but hello, not going to happen. I don't want a roommate any more. I am NOT a landlady, and somehow, most of my 'mates seem to view me as one. No good. No more. Hey, that turned into a mini rant, didn't it. Whoops.

I'm hungry.