Saturday, November 17, 2001

I just remembered this bizarre dream I had last night. I had a lot of trouble sleeping and I was in a sort of semi dream state for most of the time when I wasn't wide awake. Again, a sort of magical experience.

In my dream, I'm visiting Juliane at her farm. I haven't been out there in years so my recollections are entirely based on my visits when I was 14 and 15 years old. I'm lying in bed - one of the tall guest beds - only I'm not alone in it. Juli's older brother Steve is with me and it's a tight fit. He and I are just lying there, talking about life. It's as though it was a completely normal place to hold a discussion, no more odd than the TV room or kitchen table.

The stuff we were talking about was entirely relating to real life. We talked about my schooling and his work (or lack thereof). He talked at length about his experiences in Mexico and about his insecurities for future employment. I talked about what some of the engineering students I was in residence with are doing now. We just talked and talked. He talked about his concerns for his family and for Juliane, and about his fiancee (I don't even know if he's engaged, or hell, whether he's married or not). I told him about my mom and about Rick, and I talked about my aspirations for the future. He invited me to his wedding. This whole conversation lasted an hour or more in dream-time.

Then Juli came into the room and told us that John (her and Steve's dad) was back with a video if we wanted to come watch. That was it. It was one of those dreams where you almost expect the other person to have had it too because it was so coherant and conversation-like. So much so, that I think I'll ask Juli to ask him.

Man, I want to visit them. Maybe in December since school closes up completely after the 16th, or something. It would be nice.