Saturday, November 10, 2001

I have a headache and it's making me feel bleh, but what can you do? Class today has been about lighting and texturing. I rather like playing with lights. They seem to come easily to me, though I tend to use ambient lighting in most of my artwork, maybe with a point or spotlight faintly to one side. I remember my mom talking about when she was in film school and how lighting projects used to excite her... I understand why. It's what makes everything come alive ! Daniele came to help me with something, the fuzziness of my shadows, I think, and he sort of looked at me in this strange way, almost surprised, and said, "You have a very good sense for lights. It's very good." Maybe there's a future in it for me.

At lunch, a bunch of us went to the mall (Sherway Mall?) and it sort of sucked, but we didn't want the usual lunch fare. Brian and I went for the Edo Japan stall in the food court and Nelson, Daniele and Kishor hit the Manchu Wok. It was a nice break from the other stuff we eat, and pretty affordable. I'd better buy some bread, though, because I'd like to start bringing my lunch to school again. On the way out, we were distracted by the Music World store. I wandered over to see if it had the latest Depeche Mode single (hah, it had no more than two albums in total - yeesh), and finding disappointment, I moved over to the oft ignored Classical section. *minirant* Andrea Boccelli (sp?) is not classical music, the term for him is sentimental crap. *end minirant* Anyway, they had some ridiculously cheap no-name CDs for sale and for 5.99$ how could I resist? I picked up some Mahler, Dvorak, and some organ music. Subtract the redeemed Music World card and, all told, I spent 10 bucks and change, including tax. Sweet deal.