Friday, November 09, 2001

Curry. The stuff that dreams are made of. And my dinner ! I just came back from Red Rose with Rick and Techknight. I had been trying to get a hold of TK all day to see if he wanted to go for curry when I was done work, but he'd left his phone at home and so I called Rick and left a message for him. His plans had fallen through so we opted to do curry together, kind of date-like. When I got on the street car to head up to the restaurant to meet Rick, a lovely baritone voice greeted me and I looked down to see TK sitting in one of the single seats. I invited him to join Rick and I and of course he said yes. No date, but twice the good company.

It was GRAND. I must remember to take my mom there next time we do dinner in the city. They do a perfect curry and they can adjust the spice level to taste. Thanks to my heartburn, I opted out of the super spicy curry tonight, but I lived vicariously through TK as he perspired and turned beet red. I tasted his too, and boy was it awesome. Rick had the chicken vindaloo, which I've never had there, and I tasted it as well. Delicious. I, naturally, had the lamb curry and it was divine.

One day when I'm hideously rich, I'm going to round up a whole lot of strangers that look unhappy and I'm going to take them to Red Rose so that the curry can make them warm and fuzzy. It's impossible to leave that place in a bad frame of mind.

I'm pretty excited about tomorrow, too. Even more excited than I was for the curry. I'm going to leave school a bit early so that I can get home and meet Rick. We're going to pick up our Journey To Middle Earth tickets and then head over to the Exhibition grounds for the Royal Winter Fair. I can survive not having seats for the horse shows just because I'll be spending two hours surrounded by horses and eating beer nuts. Hopefully this year we won't see the 4H kids showing their sheep. You have not heard an unhappy sound until you've heard fifteen sheep together in a ring doing things they don't want to do. Anyway, it's going to be good wholesome (in a farmy sort of way) fun and I can barely wait !