Wednesday, October 31, 2001

Excellent homework doings today ! I slept until noon and then, coffee in hand, began to animate the Miyagi piece I needed to do. And it works ! Well, with the exception of some bizarre hand giggling that is probably related to the mess-up we had in the blend-shapes lipsynch. Perhaps Daniele will be able to fix it. If not, we'll just tweak it somemore tomorrow. Anyway, I feel pretty darned pleased with myself, completing an animation and, mostly, having it work. Maybe things really are finally coming together for me. Gosh, I do hope so.

I'm now procrastinating before having to go to a union meeting. It's the demand setting meeting and we need as many of the part-time membership there as we can possibly have. This being the case, picking 5:30pm on Hallowe'en is probably not such a good idea. So, I'll go in my cloak, be one of the five people there, accomplish nothing, and leave. I've got no plans for tonight, really. There's a party on Realms tonight, so my character, Rhyl, is getting dressed up. Hopefully the MUD will be back online sometime soon, since it's crashing badly right now. Rhyl will be dressed as Vernese. Rhyl, of course, is a mean, nasty drow queen, whereas Vernese is a goody surface elf. Vernese will be attending the party as Rhyl. That all is supposed to go off around 7:30pm tonight, so I should be back from the meeting before then.

Following that, I'll have to log off around 9pm or so because Deanna, aka. Graelynia, will be coming through Toronto on the way to visit Lindsay in Peterborough. I'm supposed to find something for Dee and I to do tonight, but it's not going to be easy. We'll probably just end up at Java or something. Not exciting, but seeing as I've got no food in my house, it won't be all bad, either. It will be nice to meet her, too. Finally.

On a sad note, Sam The Record is bankrupt and only the flagship store and a few select locations will remain open until all their stock is sold. I guess I'll go by there and see about buying a Sams teeshirt or something. Wow, it's sad. No one has their film collection or their massive selection of classical music. I'll go on Friday, I suppose, or after school tomorrow. Sad, sad, sad.